complete and whole

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday link-up

the prompt was complete, so i'm cheating just a bit ... this came flowing out of the pen yesterday at Bible study. so often, we complain to God about our incompleteness, complain to Him that He's failed to fix us, when we are the ones standing in the way of that healing.

Time rusts the chains
Binding me to the past
And its pain
It is a choice
Conscious or not 
To weld the links stronger
Or let them break
Jesus offers to wash us clean
His blood the detergent
That washes away sin
mine, others
That I feel dragging along
Clinking and clanging
behind me
Am I letting Him
Wash me clean?
Or an I hiding under an umbrella
Clinging to what is mine?
Blind, crippled, maimed
By these rusty chains
Scraping against my legs
Free me Lord
Make me whole

Comments

  1. Lovely poem straight from your heart to God

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! yes, somehow poetry is more to the point than prose for me.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! So true- God has done all he needs to do to make us complete. Sometimes we just need to let go of the past to embrace that! Visiting from FMF #24.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. silly how hard it is to let go of things that hurt us, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Terrific poem, and so true, in every respect!

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2018/09/your-dying-spouse-518-my-position-is.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for taking the time to visit! i am glad it could give you some joy :)

      Delete

Post a Comment