near

This time of year brings all sorts of reminders that not all those who are dear to us are physically near to us. Some live far away, some have moved on to their heavenly homes. So, instead of wallowing in that, i need to focus on who IS near.

there's a cat sitting on my foot at the moment :) randomly, she will hop up on my lap to be scratched and a wave of calm washes over me. i often find i was holding my breath without even realizing it. thank You, God for making animals that consent to be pets!

as an only child, i have no siblings to chatter at. but oh, the sisters i have gained through Bible study and the internet. just to be able to say "i'm so tired today" and have someone else say "yes, me too" the texts i get from my friend Laura brighten my day and give me strength to begin again at discipling my children.

so, Who is most near? my dearest friend, Jesus. the One Who meets me in the Bible when i wake up. the One who lifts my head from the laundry and the dishes and the mess on the floor to see His beauty in the world around me.

who is most near to you?

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday link-up


Comments

  1. We don't have any pets, so no cats to scratch, but yes, I sense that God is near to me today. Thank you for the reminder of this truth today.
    Your neighbor at FMF #23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by! sat down with the children after writing this and read Psalm 8 that reminds us that we are His because He chooses us!

      Delete
  2. I am so grateful for God's love that He would draw near to us so that we can draw near to Him. May this Advent season be special for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The more i see things through His eyes, the more amazing His love is.

      Delete

Post a Comment