am i done?



school children have a very definite time that they are "done" with their school for the day,
and most have the big break in the summer.
most people who work in an office have a time that they walk out the door
and are "done" for the day.

if you work at home

if you are a housewife, household manager, domestic goddess

when are you done?

when is it ever enough?

am i doomed to be constantly a human doing instead of a human being?

God said to us through the Psalmist


“Be still, and know that I am God!

my work may never be done, but i can still be still

amen and amen

done


This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday link-up

Comments

  1. Your sentiments are so accurate. A home maker is always at work. I can love my work and one of God's graces is that he blessed us with joy when we make our home more functional and livable. Now if only everyone in our home felt that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh as I can identify with you. There's always something else to get done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my 86-year old mom passed away in 2012 I said to someone, "She was done - her work on earth was finished." That gives me great peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! So true- we can't wait for the work to be done. We need to choose to take time be still and rest, knowing that God can take care of it. Visiting from FMF #7.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I'm a dude, but I'm a dude who's terminally ill, unable to work, and thus I have become a Domestic God.

    Except that we have a couple of baseball teams' worth of rescued dogs whose needs come before dusting.

    Dust don't bark. They do.

    #2 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2018/07/your-dying-spouse-495-where-we-dance-fmf.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment