Thirteen Thankful Things



Why do we assign superstitious, fearful thoughts to the number 13? We're not Knights Templar and it's not the year 1307. i think that's thankful thing number one :)


two: the world outside is an explosion of color. July may be hot and sticky but we are rewarded with flowers and fruits of every shape and size and color, far more than any anonymous accidental process would find necessary. July is a bouquet of God's love.


three: i am enjoying the colorfulness from
 inside with the air conditioning. hypothyroidism makes time outside difficult in the heat.


four: coffee :)

five: getting to sit here with you and not have to rush off to a "real job" there are certainly days when that seems like it would be more fun, but i love my children and my husband and getting to be their support personnel.

six: Saturdays. Lord willing and the creek don't rise, we all get to hang out together tomorrow.

seven: blackberries! magical fruits of the rain and the heat that God has formed into lovely, juicy jewels.

eight: books and libraries that hold them for me

nine: shady side streets to go wander down and look for butterflies, maybe some sheep

ten: teenagers who laugh and sing and have inside jokes and are generally helpful around the house

eleven: cats who make me laugh and curl up on my lap and force me to unclench

twelve: the utter silence of being the only one up right now

thirteen: the blessed hope that the God of tomorrow will grow me into a better imagebearer of Him over there than i am here today




This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday link-up

Comments

  1. I like the idea of turning thirteen around and, instead of thinking of it as being unlucky, choosing to focus on thankfulness! Visiting from FMF #28.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both went with the idea of turning this number around & giving it a better "reputation" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm next door to you in the linkup at #19 this week -- glad to read your post! It is always a good idea to count our blessings. And I really like your phrase "the God of tomorrow." I am always encouraged by the reminder that God's mercies are new every morning and that He is continually working in, on, through, and with me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment